Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Anniversary

It's been a year since I left the corporate world and I have not looked back since. Being out of employment to explore the world of business has been one challenging feat for me. I've learned and grown the past year after all the breakdowns and breakthroughs I experienced along the way. I know that there is still so much more to learn and there will be more challenges that I have to face but being surrounded with my business mentors and business partners in our community makes everything a little bit easier.

Yesterday, after falling in line for 2 hours waiting for a cab, I was reminded of the reasons why I left employment in the first place. I never wanted to be in the crowd during payday which means long queues everywhere. Since it's the first day after a long weekend, traffic was horrible. Nothing beats taking a vacation when you want it and not when everyone else is taking a vacation as well.

With the business that I'm venturing right now, I know that me and my husband's dreams are now closer to reality. So, there's no turning back for me. Happy 1st year of being out of the corporate world to me! I'm sure I'll be celebrating more of these. :)

No comments: