Tuesday, September 18, 2007

UP Fight!

I can't believe I missed watching this year's cheerdance competition! To think I've been religiously following it for the past 5 or so years. Funny that I was only able to learn about it while I was in Seattle's Best last Sunday. There were a bunch of people talking about it on the other table.

UP WON FIRST PLACE!!!

Yahooo! I admit I'm a die-hard fan of the pep squad before. Eversince I've been watching the UAAP gamee, I'm really impressed with how unique and smooth the UP pep squad perform their half time cheers! And every year, people are expecting something new from the squad since they were the ones who revolutionized cheerdance here in the Philippines.

UP last won 1st place in 2001. It was a actually their 3rd consecutive win at that time but for the past 5 years, The UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe have been the reigning champion.

Sorry I don't have pictures to post! I just can't seem to find pictures of the recent competition (or hindi lang ako marunong maghanap!). I found one video in youtube but the quality is not that good since I think it was just taken from a phone cam. Anyway, I'm sure somebody will post the cheer (as seen on tv!) some time soon!

Congrats to the UP pep squad!! UP FIGHT!!!

No comments: